Cornerstone Baptist Church exists to glorify God by helping believers to become more like Christ through Worship, Instruction, Fellowship and Evangelism.
- The Aim - To Glorify God - accurately represent and reflect Him in everything.
- The Product - By leading believers toward maturity.
- The Means - Through Worship, Instruction, Fellowship and Evangelism.
- We emphasize the TRIUNE God: Ephesians 1:3-14; 1:17-23; 3:16; 4:30; 5:18; 6:17-18
- We emphasize the SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 6:17b; Colossians 3:16; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:3-4
- We emphasize the CROSS: Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; 2:8-9
- We emphasize a serious view of SIN: Ephesians 2:1-3; 4:17-19
- We emphasize the BODY of Christ: Ephesians 3:21; 1:20
- We emphasize WORSHIP: Ephesians 1:3-14; 4:1
- We emphasize PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION: Ephesians 4; Colossians 1:28
Our Principles and Governing Core Values
The Biblical principles which we will not compromise but will use to define our ministry.
- We Value Prayer Eph. 1:18; 3:14-19; 6:18; Colossians 4:2-4 - Prayer expresses our utter dependency upon God.
- We Value People Eph. 1:4, 18-19; 5:25-30 - Jesus died for people, not brick, mortar or programs. People reflect the image of God in a way that buildings and programs cannot.
- We Value Equipping People Eph. 4:11-16 - Training every believer to minister to one another is God's plan for maturity, unity and growth.
- We Value Integrity Eph. 4:15; 4:1; 5:8-10, Col. 3:9, Prov 28:13, I John 1:6-10 - A genuine relationship with God demands that a believer deals with his sin rather than covering it and therefore has nothing to hide in his private life.
- We Value Family Eph. 5:21-6:4 - Families, growing God's way, are essential to individual stability and to the health of the Church - both present and future.
- We Value a Servant's Spirit Matt. 20:26, Col. 3:17, Eph. 4:2,16; 5:1,25 - Giving of ourselves to meet the needs of others is our response to God's mercy and grace. A servant's spirit should be evident in all believers, especially those in leadership.
- We Value Stewardship Eph. 2:10; 5:15-17, 22-6:9; 6:7-8, Col. 3:2 (thinking, talent, time and treasure) - Everything that we are and have belongs to God. Our response should be to use it all to please Him.
- We Value Caring Eph. 4:2, 31-32; Col. 3:12-13 - As believers respond to each other with compassion, concern and forgiveness, Christ is exalted and the Church grows in unity.
- We Value Communication Eph. 4:15, 29 - The Church, like the human body depends on all its parts working together. Loving and honest communication is required among all believers.
- We Value Unity Col. 3:15; Eph. 4:1-3, 11-13 - We are in union with all who have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior and should treat them with love. In our local church, practical unity is based on our understanding of God's Word and philosophy of ministry.
- We Value Dependence Upon The Holy Spirit Eph. 1:13-14; 17-19; 3:16; 5:18; 6:17,18 - We cannot grow spiritually without the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- We Value Our Personal Responsibility To Evangelize Lost People Matt. 28: 19-20 - Each believer has the awesome responsibility of communicating the message of God's grace with lost people because God wants lost people to be saved.